More trains, More Shopping

Woke up a bit late, since was tired from all the walking around on Sunday, but it was good. Washed up, and headed out for breakfast. Went to a 국밥 place that SJ and I have been to a few times. Then we walked around Nampodong for some more shopping. I bought a T-shirt, a sleeveless jacket and a pair of shorts. SJ and I went to ABC Mart (a shoe store) and bought some slip ons for summer. They didn't have size 300 in stock for me, but I tried on a pair of 290's, and they fit okay. They'll stretch a little as I wear them.

After shopping, we met up with one of SJ's high school friends, and had lunch together. I had a train at 2pm to catch, so we rushed back to SJ's place, and then go to 부산역 (Busan Station) and said goodbye. I was getting KTX from Busan to Daejeon, and then Mugunghwa from Daejeon to Jangseong. I'm not a fan of Daejeon Station, since that every time I go there, its busy. Today was busier than usual, since it was a public holiday.

This is the reason why I bought all my train tickets a while ago, coz I knew that things were gonna be super busy, especially since there were 2 long weekends in a row. Children's day is a joke, but I can understand having a day off for Buddha.



I noticed that seat availability on the huge signs at train stations, is only in Korean (if I'm wrong, tell me *^^*), so just thought I'd explain it for the people checking it out:

along the top in red it says: 승차권 (ticket) 발매 (sale) 현황 (current state), so it would mean: current ticket availability.

the columns are: 열차 (train) 이름 (name); 출발 (departure) 시간 (time); the next five names in green are destinations of the train (구미 Gumi, 동대구 East Daegu, 밀양 Milyang, 구포 Gupo and 부산 Busan); the last is 열차 (train) 번호 (number).

There are three types of trains regularly used: KTX, which is the fastest train (up to 300km/h on some parts of the track), 무궁화 (Mugunghwa), which is the oldest, slowest, cheapest, and stops at a lot more stations; and 새마을 (Sae-ma-eul, roughly translated "New Village", which is newer than Mugunghwa (Saemaeul has curved rectangular windows, and aren't all that comfortable to lean on, where Mugunghwa has large rectangular windows, which are great for leaning on, and looking out), almost the same price as KTX, but stops at less stations.

Train departure times are in 24-hour time.

The information for seat availability is as follows:
a "-" means that the train doesn't stop at that station.
좌석 means there are seats available (and is usually printed in green)
입삭 means that all the seats are taken up, but you can get a "standing room" ticket, which means you're standing on the train, and are designated a carriage to stand in. This is cheaper than a seat, but I'm not a fan of having to hang on and keep my balance every time the train gets a bit bumpy.
매진 means that all tickets for that destination, are sold out.

Train numbers are just the ID number of that train.

Anyway, I got home just after 7pm, and cleaned up a little. I had to have a shower, since the air conditioners wern't turned on on the Mugunghwa train, and there was a plan to head out to find some dinner, but had to change that plan since a thunder and lightning storm came though. Ordered some pizza, and then relaxed for a while.

No comments: