2007 can get f****d ^^

I can smell 2008 coming, and its a mixture of gimchi, paid off credit cards, and good times. Overall, 2007 sucked, and i'm glad its on the way out.

Yesterday, I went to Jangseong station, to my all my train tickets for my weekend. Going to Busan and Daegu to meet some friends. 6 tickets in total!  For 3 days.  I did my homework on the Korail website, to get all the tickets I wanted.  Some trains were not available, but the next morning, some were (have no idea why it changed overnight), so I went there to get all the tickets I wanted.  Wrote them all down on a piece of paper, and just handed them to the woman who was there (who was quite pretty, with a good smile by the way, and very kind, helping me out with checking the times, and saving a few thousand won, by reminding me to get a backwards seat on KTX).  She was a bit confused at first, i think because my Koreans wasn't all that good.  I wasn't sure how to ask it, so I just gave her the piece of paper and said (이표들 주세요).  Maybe she thought I was some kind of thief, with a letter saying, hang over all your money.  It took about 10 minutes to get them all done and checked.  Cost me about 75000won (AU$92, for people playing at home).  But at least on the train,  there's always a toilet, and if it says its gonna arrive at a certain time, it does.

Was talking to my friend James, who is an Australian guy who teaches English in Daegu.  He was in Japan for a few years before coming to Korea, and like me, has pretty much had enough of all the bullshit related to work.  He's only got 3 months to go, and then he's out of here.  He's really sick of Korean's attitude towards foreigners, and the students attitude as well.  I can totally understand him.  I feel that I'm wasting my time here, but overall, Korea is a good country.  I've made good friends here, and had good experiences here.

Today is last day of class for 2007, and I'm not even gonna bother trying to teach anything, especially to middle school.  Middle school kids are one reason why I really hate Korea, because most of them are rude, racist, and need a good kick in the ass (more than one, of course - don't get me started on the lack of parenting skills here in Korea).  Because of last class (and having 3 days off after weekend) and Friday, kids are gonna be more feral than usual.  I'm not gonna put up with any bullshit today, also, not really gonna teach anything anyway.

Going to Jeongeup again for Geomdo this weekend, then will be going to Busan, via Daejeon.  Just before Daejeon, the two lines, one going to Busan, one going to Gwangju/Mokpo, split before getting into Daejeon, so they stop at two different stations.  The Gwangju/Mopko line stops in West Daejeon, and the Busan line stops at Daejeon Station.  So, I have to get a taxi (or take the subway) from West Daejeon Station to Daejeon Station.  It's no big deal ^^

No comments: