2nd last Geomdo Class, Thursday

As usual, went to the gym today. Was a good work out. The new Scooter album really got me pumped for it. "Jumping All Over the World" is definitely worth the money, just for the jumpability ^^ I had to explain why I was laughing so much when I heard the rave/dance cover of the theme from Neverending Story. They did an awesome job of it too.

I had lunch with the trainer today. We went to my usual restaurant, and we both bad Dolsot Bibimbap (동솥비빔밥). It was the first time for us to sit down and have a chat, without one (or both of us) sweating from exercise, or with loud shitty Korean gym music blaring.


Work was just okay, as usual. The boss gave me 24 hours notice for a timetable change. 24 hours notice! That is damn rare in Korea!

Went to Geomdo class, and practiced 예도 1번. I think I've got it sorted out. Just gotta remember it. I received my Black Belt, Certificate and Certificate Card today. So many English mistakes on it (my name was spelt wrong, person was spelt "peson", awarded was spelt "swarded", and my nationality was listed as Korean), so I sat down and corrected it, and my Geomdo Teacher will order a new one tomorrow. That reminds me, I gotta find my ID photos.

Im feeling pretty sad about the whole Geomdo thing, but that's life. I totally respect my Geomdo Teacher for making a huge decision to immigrate to another country. He's gotta family to support, and he really hates Korean life. One thing I hate, is Koreans who complain about their life here, but don't do anything to change it. I admire people who do something to make their life better, no matter what others might think of them. Bottom line is, he's the best damn bloke in Korea i've met so far, and not many are gonna be able to get to his level of integrity and honor.

Enough said. Now for some Pics.

So, here's me with my Black Belt Certificate, after I circled and crossed out all the English mistakes. The Geomdo teacher and I were writing them on a piece of paper, but there were just too many. :p




From Left to Right:
The New Guy, he started about 2 weeks ago. I just call him 형님.
My Geomdo Teacher. Respect.
Me.




One of the kids there, was checking out my camera when he took this photo of my Geomdo teacher, as he was giving me my black belt. Its just not long enough to tie it in the special black belt way. It will be when I'm thin, muscly, and just damn hot :p

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulation!! = )

앤디오빠 said...

Thanks. Took me 2 years to get that. I've never really done and sporty things, so I'm pretty proud of myself ^^

Anonymous said...

"and just damn hot" lol! *blushes* somebody well on their way though...

-kim

앤디오빠 said...

Lol. Well, a bit on confidence after losing 20kg never hurt anyone ^^ Ive been to the gym everyday this week, so I'm on the right track ^^ Thanks for reading and commenting, Kim :)

Anonymous said...

yeh of course - you are in my bookmark bar so im always reading...i lost some weight too and my friend noticed after i hadn't seen him for nearly a month so yeah i know wat you mean

-kim

앤디오빠 said...

I've been bookmarked, cool. And congrats on the weight loss ^^