Blog from Work

Well, just got "asked" by the boss to use less Korean in class, and sure, I understand him. I realise that I use a lot of Korean in English class, but most of it is due to behavioural problems, and explaining some concepts. I really gave up on making a class 100% English, mainly because of the students' attitude towards English and towards Foreigners.

My reply was: Sure, I understand you, and I will try to do my classes all in English, but with some of the students behvaior, lack of respect, and there general attitude towards English and Foriegners, its very difficult. He then discussed why I need to do it, which I understood the first time when he said it, so I just repeated what I said. So he came into my class, with students waiting for their lesson to start, and starts talking in Korean to them, and they laugh. So, obvious its not an important issue for them or him.

So, I'm gonna change my classes starting from next year. They will be more stuctured, students will not address me as "Andy Teacher", it will me Mr. M. They're gonna get the full deal, finally. They won't know what hit them (in a good way).

My current MSN status: Andy's 2008 is gonna be great, so don't fuck it up! Yep, I'm talking to YOU!

No comments: