At the Airport...

I'm at Melbourne Airport now, waiting outside Gate 10 for my flight back to South Korea. I've got a window seat, which is okay - they're easy to sleep on (just lean against the wall with your pillow), and I only have to annoy one person to get out for a walk or to go to the toilet. Just recently, Korean Air started direct flights from Melbourne to Incheon. It only takes about 10.5 hours from take off. Boarding time is 9:10am, Take off time is about 9:40am.

This week was pretty good. I met family and friends, but it was a bit rushed since I had to go to Melbourne. It was good to catch up with friends from High School and Uni. Played a bit of Mini Golf, ate a lot of good food, and it was a really good to be away from Korea, to be able to think about my time in Korea effectively.

I've come to a few conclusions about Korea, and my time there. I've had a great time in Korea - I've made great friends (Korean and non-Korean), been to some interesting places, seen some good sights. But, I've been in the same place for over 2 years. It's getting a bit old. I could easily stay there for longer, but it's time to move on. Career wise, sure I could get a better job, with more pay, in a different area, but that's all it would be. Same job, different place.

One reason why I came to Korea to work for a while, because I didn't have any luck with my teaching career there. I had a few schools and a few people really f**k things up for me over there, so it made me pretty bitter and resentful about choosing Teaching as a career, and I do feel a bit that way as well. But, from talking to my uni friends about how they are going, and how they've been in the last 2 years, with regards to their teaching careers, I've realised that its time to come back to Australia for a while, and give Primary School Teaching another go.

I know that when I leave Korea in October 2008, it won't be the last time I'm there. Korea is a special place for me. I've got good memories and great friends there. I'll at least be back for holidays, or even working in another English Teaching job. If I do, 1 year will be long enough. I've had almost no regrets (everyone has some) about staying in Korea, and I really look forward to my remaining 10.5 months there.

Now for some Korean (which i haven't really used for 2 weeks ^^).

지금 메버른공항에 기다리고있어요. 심심해 ㅋㅋㅋ 어제밤에 멜버른에 비행기로 왔어요. 공항에 도착했을때, 우리사천와사천이 하우스메이트는 날외해 기다리고있었어요. 사천의집에서 Playstation게임 "Buzz" 같이 했어요. 재미 있었어요. 1시에 잤어요.

아침에 나는 6시에 일어났지만 아직도 엄청 피곤해요. 내생각에는 비행기에 탈때 혹시 잘거에요. 혹시 잘수없어요. 비행기니까 ㅋㅋㅋ

호주에서 난 생각 많이 했어요. 한국에서 대단한 시간이 됐지만 호주에서 내인생 (my life? 맞니? 내인생? 아니면 내생활?)를 다시 시작하고싶어요. 한국를 떠날때 미래에 돌아 온것을 알아요 (When I leave Korea, I know I will come back in the future). 한국에서 많는 새로운것을 배웠고 많는 멋있는것을 봤고 많는 좋은 친구들을 만났어요. 한번도 잊지 않아요.

현제 직업에서 10.5개월 남았어요. 끝날때 난 슬플거에요. 하지만, 행복할거에요, 왜냐하면, 한국를 떠날때 regret이 없을거에요 ^^

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

emm.. bookmarked thread