Monday, f**king Monday

I'm not a fan of Mondays, which is understandable, but due to my weekend, this Monday was just shit.  My weekend was pretty shit, because I had plans to meet friends in Daegu, but the cancelled.  I can understand why they cancelled (but then why did they agree to the plans in the first place?).  It was too cold to do anything, and the whole staying up until 7am on saturday morning really messed with my body clock.

I didn't even hear my alarm this morning, which was set to 7:30am, so that i could get to the gym at about 9:30, and be there until about 11:30 or 12pm...  Sounds good in theory.  I woke up at 10:30, quickly had breakfast, and had my heart meds, and waited for them to kick in, and was about to walk out of the apartment, when someone calls me.  It was the wife of another Geomdo teacher, which I had met a few times at Geomdo level tests and various comps around Korea.  Since my Geomdo teacher has moved, I got him to send all my stuff (new uniform and certificate) to Jeong-eup (정읍) for me to pick them up.  So, she called me to say that my new uniform had arrived.

Also, I wanted to run an idea past her, which I kind of knew that she would approve.  She's after a native English speaker, and to be honest, I wasn't interested in working on weekends, because I like to have them free.  But now, things are different.  I want to continue Geomdo, and I've met her husband before, and he's a cool guy.  So, i suggested to her, that I'd teach her kids for 2 hours, and then her husband would teach me Geomdo for 2 hours.  She was pretty wrapped about the idea.  I know it takes a fair chunk out of my Saturday, but if I get there early enough, I could do Geomdo first, then teach her kids after that.  Also, Jeong-eup has a KTX train station (so does Jangseong, the town that's only 10km away from me), so from there, on Saturday afternoons, I can travel to anywhere by train/KTX, and then get a bus or the train again back home on Sundays.

Wednesday is voting day in South Korea, but I don't have to vote, so its a day off for me.  In South Korea, voting isn't compulsory, but they made the day Wednesday, so that people wouldn't have long weekends.  So, this Wednesday, I'm thinking of going to Jeong-eup to talk the Geomdo teacher and his wife to sort out things.

Feels weird to come home at 7:30 after work, and not get ready for Geomdo.  I'll get used to it though.  There is a big plan to wake up early, so that i can spend more time at the gym in the mornings, but its so cold in the morning ^^

No comments: