Another average day

I still can't get back into a regular rhythm since i stayed up all weekend fixing my computer. Today, woke up at 7am, feeling shitty (I think I'm coming down with a cold), and just laid in bed for the next hour and a half.  So, here I am now, eating breakfast (some bread, tangerines and water) and doing the usual of checking out the blogs I usually go to, logging into messenger and shit like that.  I do plan to go to the gym gym today.  I know I can go a 600cal cardio workout, i just gotta be in the right mindset to do it.  Yesterday, I was totally not in the mindset for a good working, and with my left knee playing up, after 2 mins in, i just thought, fuck it.

Yesterday was just another regular day.  My kids are alright, but I'm pretty sure that either South Korea has no idea about ADD, or they just ignore mental problems, hoping that they go away.  I have a few kids that need to be constantly reminded to do work, and its not a lazy, "i'm gonna fuck about and waste time" thing, its a "I can't concentrate for longer than 2 seconds, unless there is someone there with me telling me what to do" thing.  With being in the Education industry for a few years, I can tell which one is which.  Job/Career wise, Teaching English in Korea is a waste of time.  Overall, its a good experience, but doesn't really get you anywhere.  Its just felt like a long holiday, that has slowly gotten worse.  Which is why I'm not renewing my contract.  I was meant to get paid yesterday, but for the first time, the boss asked me if it was okay if I pay you on Saturday.  I have no problems with that, coz I have enough cash to last me until then, but the boss gave me 200,000won to get me through until then (coz I mentioned that I was going to Seoul on Saturday).

I don't know what it is, but I hate the way that Koreans knock on the door.  Rather than a few polite knocks, not too loud or heavy, and with a bit of space in between, they bang on the door, using their fists, and just bang a few times.  Then, if you don't call out in the next 1 or 2 seconds, they do it again! Shits me!

Anyway, I don't start until 3:20pm today, which means I've got a bit more time at the gym.  I just hope I'm in the right mindset today.

Here's another pic, from my grade 6 artist, who was drawing Seongbin sleepwalking:

No comments: