Timetables, Randomness and Weight

Today, the scales at the gym decided to be my friend. Since last Monday, I have lost 1.8kg, which I am very happy about. I just was sensible about what I ate, and went to the gym 6 days last week. This week will be only 5, because I will have Geomdo class on Saturday. But, that is fine, because I can have a full workout (instead of a short one), since middle school students are back at school today.

Speaking of work, it wasn't all that bad. It was a bit of a write-off though. With the new timetable, and school finishing early, kids just turned up whenever they wanted. Hagwons, in my opinion, can be more like babysitting at times. If you have a class at 3:20pm, don't turn up at 2:30pm and play around, be noisy and whatever. Your class starts at 3:20pm, get there by 3:10pm at the earliest. It starts at 3:20pm, so be in the room by the time the class starts.

Because of new classes, and arranging students, I was getting used to who was in my class, and things like that. The student had homework from Friday, so I just went though that, tested them on that, and played a game of hangman with each class. One class had the sentence "Study hard, but play harder" (공부를 열심히 하지만, 더열심히 놀으세요). When I play hangman, I use Korean and English, and students get to chose one letter from each alphabet. Kinda helps them give each other sentence clues, compare the grammatical structure, and for me to use some Korean. lol

My last two classes, which are both TOEIC, aren't too bad. First class is with 4 students, a mixture of Grade 7, 8 and 9 students, and the last class is a class of 1, a Grade 9 student. They're English is good enough that I can talk at regular speeds, understand, and reply back without too much error or lag time, due to err... um....

No comments: