Weekend, Phone

Friday nights classes weren't as bad as they normally are, which was kind of surprising. For many people, Wednesday is hump day for them. A while ago, I used to have middle school classes on Thursday, and Thursday was my hump day. But since I have middle school classes on Friday, Friday is the day that I need to that I need to get over to feel better. With that out of the way, I went home, and packed my bags for the weekend.

Woke up at 7:30am Saturday morning, had breakfast and a shower, then got the bus to Jangseong, then another bus to Jeongeup for my Geomdo lesson. We went over some old stuff, in which we all had trouble remembering, but after I did a search on the internet for the thing we had trouble remembering, it all came back. I've decided that getting 2nd level black belt is more important (and also more realistic) to me than competing in a competition. After that, we practised paper cutting.

I got the train from Jeongeup to West Daejeon station(서대전역), a taxi to Daejeon station (대전역) and then KTX to Busan. There is no direct bus from Jeongeup to Busan, and given the choice, i'd rather take two trains, than two buses. With the 1 hour wait in Daejeon, it is actually a little quicker than getting a bus to Gwangju and then another bus to Busan. Also, with taking the train, there's a toilet there all the time. lol.

Arrived in Busan at 7:30, and took the subway to Jagalchi station to meet SJ and JU. I haven't seen JU for a long time, so it was good to see him again. We had galbi for dinner, then went to Beer Mart for a few drinks. Sunday, SJ and I hung around Jagalchi for a bit of shopping. I'm really over going to shoe places, and then not having my size - especially when they say they have your size, and then they go and check, and they say they don't have it.

It was SJ's mother's birthday on Sunday, so SJ bought some flowers for her, and I bought her a cake. So, after giving those to her, we went back to SJ's house, got by bags, and headed to Sasang Terminal. On the way to the terminal, we stopped by a kind of "factory outlet" for Nike, Puma, Adidas and Reebok. I bought a green Puma bag (exactly the same as SJ's) for 22,000won, 50% off the original price. When I saw his bag, I was really impressed. It's the kind of bag I've been looking for for ages, to hold all my crap I need in it.

Got the bus to Jinhae, which was absolutely packed - packed as in, it starts to smell bad. By this time, I had 3 bags, and a few people tried to sit next to me, but i just pointed to my 3 bags, and they winged a bit, but I just ignored them. I was tired from walking around Jagalchi, and carrying a huge ass bag with clothes for your long weekend, and your computer, I was not in the mood for people having a winge.

It was great seeing HP and YS again. The last time I saw them was in January, when they got married. I bought them some cute socks when I was in Jagalchi for them. The socks on the left, I bought for HP. 좌절금지 means "breaking down prohibited" *^^* YS cooked dinner for us, and it was so delicious. Then we talked for a while, and then played 맞고 with HP. We decided to play by points, and the first to 100 points was the winner. HP had a good start, but I caught up, and then HP had a lucky game, getting about 40 points, which got him over 100 points. 맞고 is a mix of strategy and luck - sometimes more than one than the other *^^*

It was so good to have the day off on Monday. Woke up late, and then went to Changwon for lunch, and checked out a big 문구 called Alpha. I bought a notebook for studying, but going to use it for other things. We went to a famous 순두부 restaurant in Changwon, and it was really good - the best 순두부 that I've had so far. We went back to HP's mum's house to see her. It was good to see her again. HP's sister, SJ (different than SJ that I met on Saturday) is studying in Jinju, so I wasn't able to see her.

We went back to Jinhae, and visited YS in her Art 학원. She runs her own small Art institute so it was cool to see that. Then to the 서예학원 (Calligraphy hagwon) that HP goes to. It was really interesting to see people practising writing Chinese characters (한자). Its harder than it actually looks. I watched HP doing it, and then tried, and I just couldn't get it. hehe. It seems like an interesting thing to do, and very peaceful. Then went back to the apartment, got my bags, and then went to HP's uni, because he had a thing to attend. Went to Gupo train station, to get the train back to Jangseong, via Daejeon.

As I was getting off the train at Daejeon station, it was packed with people getting off, and wanting to get on. Do you think that there was someone stupid enough to try and push though a tired foreigner carrying three bags? Of course there was! I told him to wait, and he kept pushing, so i told him not to touch me, and he kept doing it. Its one thing I don't get here. It packed, you can't move though quickly. You don't push people who have huge, heavy bags, and who are also trying to get though. He said something back to me, but I ignored it. I just gave him my evil look, and left it at that. I wasn't going to take it down to his level. I did mutter "싸까지 없네" under my voice, which I think he heard - which was good. At least there was some free wifi at Seodaejeon station *^^*

Got my new phone yesterday - and its not Samsung, so it's good. The korean letter layout on the phone is different, so it has slowed me down a bit when writing messages.

No comments: