Endorphins, Korean Tradies and Big Macs

Been going to the gym since tuesday, and the general unnoticable buzz from endorphins does help me deal with the bullshit I have to deal with here in Korea. Has cheered me up a bit.

Tuesday, I slept late, and was woken up by my boss, calling to let me know that a couple of tradies were knocking on my door, wanting to be let in, so they could silicone the edge of the balcony window. It might be a different culture, in a different country, but if you're a tradie, and you're in someone else's house, if you make a mess, you clean it up. If you move something, you put of back to where it was. If you've finished a roll of tape, you don't leave it on the chair you didn't move back to it's original f**king position! So far, all tradies here in Korea, have pissed me off, because of this. Its hard enough keeping my place clean as it is!

For 3 days, I've been going to the gym, and doing the usual machine work, but have been doing 650 calorie cardio workouts, with various simple combinations of the stepping machine and treadmill. Basically, I do as much as I can on the stepper, then do the rest on the treadmill. Three 650 calorie workouts, is the same as four big macs, calorie wise. If I can, I'll go to the gym tomorrow, before my long day at work (Friday, I start at 10:50am, Monday to Thursday, I start at 1:20pm). I woke up before my alarm at 6:30am today, so if I get to bed the same time as last night, it sounds like a good theory.

Also, for those three days, I've left my phone at home, either turned on or off. Actually, I forgot to pack my phone in my bag before going to the gym on Tuesday, and didn't realise until I was getting my shampoo and stuff out of my bag. I didn't have enough time to go back to my apartment and get it either, so I just left it. So glad I did. Life feels so much easier and calmer, when you don't have people contacting you all the time. Some people were worried that they couldn't contact me, others were more annoyed. But, thinking about it, its not a big deal. The people who were pissed off that I couldn't be contacted, wanted things now, and couldn't be patient. People not having patience is not my problem. If I don't answer the phone deal with it (like, for example, sending me an email (I have at least three email addresses, sending a message on facebook, or, for Koreans, sending me a jjokji in Nateon, or a message on my cyworld). As for the people who did worry, thanks, but you understood that I left my phone at home and understood when I told you that I was going to leave it at home in the future. Bottom line is, if it's THAT important, people with think of other ways of contacting me, if just damn wait.

Looking forward to going to Geomdo class on Saturday. Haven't done It in 2 weeks.

Other than that, not much else is happening in my life. Simple, which is the way I like it... But does get a bit boring from time to time. Not really much variety in Korean recreational activities either.

3 comments:

Bjørn Larssen said...

"Three 650 calorie workouts, is the same as four big macs, calorie wise"

This, come to think of how hard a 650 calorie workout is, is scary. To think that I used to actually eat Big Macs. Six years ago, but still...

Anonymous said...

So you woke up with the sweet morning call of your boss ? LOL

앤디오빠 said...

I eat the occasional burger, but nowhere near as often as I used to, which is good.

Also, a morning call from any boss is never sweet. haha