Shopping, New Friends

Woke up at about 7:30am today, had breakfast, and got ready for going to Gwangju. Today was the day I bought my birthday/christmas gifts. I had what I wanted to buy in mind, and knew where I needed to go, to buy them ;) Arrived in Gwangju at about 11:40am. The bus took a bit longer today, about 50 minutes, due to the snow that fell over new years.

Went to the Apple store first, and bought a Wireless (bluetooth keyboard). The guy that owns the store, is really kind and helpful. I've been there enough times that he knows me, and greets me every time, no matter how busy he is. Also, his wife works there too, and always greets me kindly. They probably know that I'm gonna spend some cash when I go in there :p

After that, I got the subway to Sangmu, to head to an electronics store, that I've been to before a few times. The regular guy that serves me, wasn't there today, but there was another guy, who could speak a bit of English, that helped me find the bluetooth headsets. There wern't many to chose from, but chose a decent one. Bought one, and then went across the road to Sejung outlet, to check out the Adidas store. Sejung Outlet, has heaps of stores, including some decent brands of clothes, shoes, and other fashion things.

Whenever I walk into a Nike or Adidas store for shoes, the first thing I do, after entering, greeting the sales assistants who greet me first, and then walking over to the shoes, is asking a sales assistant "Which shoes do you have in size 300?". In Korea, shoe size is measures by length in millimetres. For me, size 290 is tight, but okay, 300 is comfortable. I've found that size 290 of Adidas and Nike are okay, and size 300 is great. Anyway, after asking, I had 3 styles to choose from. The other two sucked. So, the choice was simple.

So, 3 things bought in one hour (including walking to subway and taking subway time). Now that's shopping. Was hungry, so went the 3rd floor of Sejung Outlet, and had dinner. Tofu spicy soupy thing, 4500 won, and tasted good. Wanted to try it, since I ate it when GM and EJ in Daegu on Sunday. Anyway, was damn good. After that, rode the subway again to downtown, to meet R for coffee.

Meeting R at Starbucks was really refreshing. Firstly, the Australian accent, and 2nd, the happy-go-lucky attitude about life and living in Korea. We just talked and talked, and then 4 hours went by. She already made plans to meet another friend, but just before she left, one of her Korean friends, ㅇㄹ, and we met and talked for a moment. There's a group on Facebook for people in Gwangju, which R told me about, so I joined, and ㅇㄹ is also in that group. I don't have many friends in Gwangju, so it would be nice to meet more people in Gwangju. And, thanks R, for singing happy birthday to me, as I was walking down into the subway station ^^

Went to eMart (for people back home, imagine Target and Coles in the same building, on two floors) for some shopping, and then got the bus back home.

A big thanks to all the people who made the effort to contact me, for both new year, and happy birthday. I really appreciate it. If I didn't poison myself, I would have replied ;)

Also, if you're interested in how I tied my shoe laces, check out Ian's Shoelace Site.

4 comments:

Bjørn Larssen said...

Love the shoes. Can I call you Sting? ;)

앤디오빠 said...

Yeah, I'm a fan of the shoes, and, yeah, had the plan on the way i was going to lace them, when i bought them :p Its way cool ;) sick of tying up laces, because in korea, you put on and take off shoes all the time, and well... it just looks cool ;)

Also, totally don't get the Sting reference.

Build said...

i will steal them, nice your new one. keep your eyes on them. lol

앤디오빠 said...

Hey Build. I don't think your feet would fit in my shoes. Too small :p