Weekend

Saturday: The Train times have been changed, so I had to get a bus from Jangseong to Jeongeup. This is what normally happens in Korea, things change, and no one tells you. So, it means, that I have to get to Jangseong earlier to get another train to Jeongeup, or I can get out of bed a bit later, get the next bus to Jangseong, then get a bus to Jeongeup. I think that's be better option ^^

So, I arrived at Jeongeup just after 10am. Hung out with the kids at the Geomdo class, then had my own geomdo class. At least I was able to cut the bamboo that time, but not all the time. Its an improvement on last weekend, but still, its gonna take some time. I'm having trouble cutting where I want the sword to cut. Also, the sword is heavier than any of the other practice swords that we use. I know its gonna take me a bit of time to get it all sorted out, so I just gotta keep trying.

Got the bus to Gwangju, stopped by 금호월도 (Geumho World) for some new headphones, and then got the subway to downtown, to meet some new friends. We had a bit of a discussion/study group about 2 current issues here in Korea, and then headed out for dinner, then coffee. I had to leave early, due to the bus times back to my town, but it was good to meet some new people there. I got along with the Korean guy, and we're gonna go to 순천 next Sunday, with his girlfriend and another person. Really looking forward to it.

Sunday: Procrastination Day. The plan was to get up at about 8:30am, cook some pancakes and get to Gwangju to do some book shopping, watch a movie, walk around a bit, get to Lotte Mart.

Real version: Woke up late, had a long chat with J in Daegu (he's had enough of the bullshit in Korea as well), and then eventually had a shower, and got to Gwangju at 4:30pm. Bought the books I needed for class, headed to Lotte Mart for dinner and some shopping. Lotte Mart was "busy", and a little annoying, so was the bus terminal. At least there was some space on the subway ^^

No comments: