거시기, Gwangju and Donuts

Went to Jeongeup again on Saturday for Geomdo. I missed the 8:50am bus outside my apartment by about 2 minutes (due to going back to sleep when my alarm went off at 7:30am), but got the next bus to Jangseong, and then got the train (새마을 is too pricey - not worth is 7,500won for one station and 17 mins!). Got there at the time that I usually would, if I got the bus, and then got a taxi to the Geomdojang. Re-learnt 예도1번 and then practised cutting bamboo for competition stuff again. Pretty much figured out what I was doing wrong, but was about to fix it. One other problem was thinking too much, before I cut. The "거시기" style of my Geomdo teacher really works for me. Also, met with some of the kids that attend his wife's English school, and they asked me questions about Australia and a few other things. Was good. Got the bus back to my town (only 2,700 from Jeongeup to Jangseong), and got home at about 4:40pm. Got pizza for dinner, coz it was just too damn cold to go across town to a restaurant.

Sunday, I met up with MH in Sangmujigu in Gwangju. It was the first time to meet in person, and we had a good time. Had some lunch, then saw Golden Compass at the cinema, which is better than what I expected. If you liked Never Ending Story and Harry Potter, go and see it. Then, went to Sejung Outlet for some window shopping and coffee, then Lotte Mart for some more Window Shopping. We both felt pretty comfortable with each other, which was good. Bought some donuts and checked out the bookstore/Artbox at the terminal, before getting the bus home.

Was hassled by church recruiters again, who happened to know someone in my town, so they thought it was a good angle. Two words... No Dice. I was just direct with them, but not in a rude way. I don't mind talking to people, but 99% of the time, at the bus terminal, its religious people, so it can get quite annoying. So, told them I'm not religious, and then told them I'm not interested when they tried to give me the magazine, then asked me why I'm not religious, so just told them, its a personal question for a foreigner, so i won't answer. After that, they got the idea, said bye, and were on their way.

While taking the bus home, I thought about the meeting, and realised that we used mostly Korean. Sometimes things were difficult, and she'd try English, or I'd speak a little English, but most of the time, we used Korean. I've noticed that with many Koreans, if you can speak Korean well enough, they feel more comfortable.

By the way, saw this hagwon while walking to Sejung outlet. I strongly recommend not studying English here, since they can't even get their sign right ^^ Did make me laugh though - Seedy English ^^

No comments: