I'm now 27... or 28 ^^

Yep, since my birthday is on January 1, my Korean age, and "real" age go up on the same day. In Korea, when you're born, your age is 1, and goes up every year on January 1. So, for me, my Korean age is 28, and my real age is 27. For example, someone who was born on December 31, 2007, on the next day, their Korean age would be 2, but would be the same age, as someone who was born January 1, 2007. Go figure.

Anyway, you're probably wondering what I did on my birthday... well, not much. It was still snowing here, so going to Gwangju was kinda out of the question (I didn't wanna deal with snow), so I decided to stay home and clean up my apartment, and re-arrange things as I go. With procrastinating on the computer, I'm about half done. Will do the other half today, after getting back from Gwangju. A couple of bags of Microwave Popcorn went down well while cleaning. Since pretty much everything was closed in my town, buying food to cook was not an easy option (especially with all the snow in my way), so I headed down to the mart to buy some stuff. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I gave myself food poisoning from what I cooked for dinner. Nothing too bad, but I was at the point where I'm thinking "I know I'll feel better if I throw up".

I'll go to Gwangju today, to meet a friend, and to do some birthday shopping. I've got a few ideas of what I wanna buy. Maybe will take some photos of the stuff, when I get back ;)

Ah, and one last thing, luckily I know some Korean, and have cooked Microwave Popcorn before, because the instructions were a bit hardcare... It's my birthday, i didn't wanna mess with difficult Korean stuff, that I'm most likely not going to use again :p



Basically: Unfold it, and put it in the middle of the microwave, with the dot facing up. Cook it for 4 minutes on high, or until the popping sound stops. (That was good enough for me. Not gonna bother with the rest - basics is fine ^^).

2 comments:

Bjørn Larssen said...

Best delayed wishes from Ray G :) Damn, this popcorn manual looks truly hardcore. Maybe the Dutch wrote it? They once sent me a 5-page letter, I asked someone at work what the letter said, she read it, then said "this says you have to go to the police station to pick up your new id". I asked, bewildered, "is that ALL it says on five pages?" "Basically, yes."

앤디오빠 said...

Thanks Ray. Like many things, you just gotta cut though the bullshit, and get the things you need ;) That's life ;)